Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pre-Garden Prep



Well here are a few pics of the pre-prep.  FIRST I had to clean up the front yard from all the winter candy wrappers, chip bags, and those GAWD awful little plastic juice containers.  Then I found my little planter workstation at an estate sale for next to nothing!  OK then somebody mentioned to me Straw Bale gardening and I was hooked.  Had no/have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm doing it.  


So here are the first two bales, interesting, huh?


Watering em down.  OK we will see how these 4 bales work out!!!! 
For the first time I had Tu-Lips.  I have planted bulbs for years and got nothing but BIG green leaves.  I was ecstatic when I finally saw real flowers emerge! Woot-Woot!


So can u spot my Big Helper.  He is such a dork!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment